Feature Suggestions and... Feature Suggestions

I would have posted this in the Feature Suggestions section of this forum, but apparently that section doesn't allow me to post there.  As a moderator, that shouldn't be... and even more importantly, if a mod can't post there, then neither can regular users of the board either.  Any way that can be fixed?  🙂

Anyway, here are the items that I had in mind to post in the Feature Suggestions:

1.  Can we have a link on the AA boards to point to the old AA msg board?  There is a similar "Archive" tab on the ComicBase forum page, it would be nice to have the equivalent here.  

2.  Would it be possible for Atomic Avenue to inform sellers the expected weight and the shipping method that the site used to calculate the shipping charge for the transaction?  Often a seller is able to figure that out just from the amount that was charged to the buyer, but once in a while it isn't obvious.  Some transparency to the seller would be helpful in those cases where it is not.  In those cases where there was not an error in the calculation, it would save everybody time: the seller doesn't need to email support, the folks at AA won't need to spend time responding to the seller, and the buyer will almost certainly get their shipment sooner.  In those cases where an error *was* made, the seller can recognize it that much quicker and everybody can get it ironed out faster and more easily.  

3.  Can we have an Atomic Avenue livestream sometime in the near future?  It was suggested in the chat during one of the ComicBase livestreams that it would be worthwhile to devote one of those Wednesday sessions to AA.  I know Pete shied away from any commitment that such a thing would happen, but I think that there was some positive response in the chat to the idea.  In addition to taking questions, it would be an opportunity to share some fun facts about AA such as oldest book sold, order containing the largest number of items, most expensive book sold, that kind of thing.  

• Like 1

4.  I would also add that when I click on the name of a publisher on an Atomic Avenue page, the resulting page only lists items in the AA database that are listed as comics.  Books and magazines don't seem to be coming up.  This should be fixed so that it is easier for customers to find non-comic titles to shop for.  

5.  On a related note, the "autofill" options that come up in the Atomic Avenue search bar need to alphabetize *all* results regardless of media.  For example, if I type "creator" into the AA search field, one of the options that comes up *should* be the magazine Comic Book Creator.  It is in the list, but it is at the *bottom* and it is possible that shoppers will miss it.  If I just type "creator" into the search field, I get this page which does NOT include the Comic Book Creator title. 

It is important that Atomic Avenue treat comics, books, and magazines equally in all searches and in the presentation of all search results.  If it doesn't, then it has the effect of hiding seller inventory, and that doesn't do anybody (neither shoppers, sellers, nor Human Computing/Atomic Avenue) any good b/c it potentially means sales that never get the chance to happen.  

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the suggestions. We keep all suggestions in mind, even if we can't implement them immediately. To answer your questions and suggestions: 

1) there is a link to the old message board here, though it's closed to new queries

2) For US sellers, the shipping rate is USPS shipping rates for weight and distance for First Class (under 1 lb.) and Priority Mail (over 1 lb.) both domestic and international. Similarly for sellers outside of the US (i.e. Canada Post, Royal Mail.) We have standard weights for modern and Golden Age comics, books, and magazines, and add about 4.5 oz to that weight for packaging and padding weight. We also calculate for the use of Flat Rate mailers and boxes if they cost less than regular mailing. We also calculate in insurance for orders over $75. It's not always exact, and we allow sellers to use any shipping method as long as the order gets to the seller within the expected time frame (which is 3 to 6 days for an order within the continental United States.) Showing the calculation details directly to the seller may help, but it doesn't help if the seller wants to use weightier protection or an alternate method.

3) I'm less polished in person or on camera than Peter is. Perhaps if I have questions in advance, rehearse my answers, and a p.r. advisor to shake his or her head in warning and shut it all down when I go off script, it may happen. Or it may happen without that, and become virally epic.

4) Yeah, books and magazines were in, then they weren't when the latest version of ComicBase arrived. We are rolling the interface books and magazines in, though for right now, you have to look for them by their exact name. They will be in correctly in the near, soon future.

5) This will also be refined and work better once the interface for buying books and magazines is fully in.