Marvel Previews, DC Connect, G.I. Joe

Why have Marvel Previews and DC Connect started to be listed as "magazines" instead of "comic books" as in the past?
Why is the current iteration of G.I. Joe listed as a Marvel comic instead of IDW. I mean, it's been IDW since 2008.
Can these things be fixed?

12 hours ago, Scott Mahan said:

Why have Marvel Previews and DC Connect started to be listed as "magazines" instead of "comic books" as in the past?

Whether a title falls into the Comic Book or Magazine media category depends on the contents of the publication, not on its physical construction.  Marvel Previews and DC Connect do not actually contain comics (i.e., graphic sequential storytelling) and instead contain listings of comics that will be on sale in the future.  Thus, these titles fall into the Magazine media category.  Similarly, titles such as DC's Who's Who titles and Marvel's Official Index and Official Handbook titles have also been moved to Magazines (they contain encyclopedic descriptions of comics and comic characters, but don't contain graphic sequential storytelling).  Other titles that have made the move to magazines include Amazing Heroes, Marvel Age, and DC Direct Currents.  

I leave it to @Peter R. Bickford and/or @Mark J. Castaneda to discuss what is up with the G.I. Joe series as I don't follow it and therefore don't know the in's and out's behind any changes there.