Seller Claims this book is NM ...

My problem with a recent transaction is that the Seller literally sent me a book that had been folded in half - length ways.

The same book had blunted corners, dirt, foxing an stains - LISTED as NM - by Silverdollarcomics

Many of the other books had spine tics and color breaks - YET listed ALL as NM

Packaging was actually decent and didn't have any damage so books were clearly mailed this way!

When I brought it up to the Seller he immediate cops an attitude. Offer to refund if I send them back.

So Let's first start off with - I attached the photo of the Thor book that was NOWHERE NM

So everyone can see for themselves.

Secondly, I'm supposed to mail this back at my expense so the Seller can pull some Crap again? Not to mention I'm having to pay for their Dishonesty?

Atomic Avenue refuses to step in or look at photos. So why would anyone want to continue using this site if this continues to be the experience.

Fortunately, there are other Sellers with far better Integrity that I haven't given up yet.

But the sadest part is the Seller replied to my feedback with outright lies - Saying I expected CGC quality - Look at the photo and see for yourself.

And my feedback DIDN'T even affect his 4.8 Rating!! Something very sketchy about how that Rating is being calculated!

GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg

20210614_181729.jpg

20210614_181706(1).jpg

16 hours ago, Randy Douglas said:

And my feedback DIDN'T even affect his 4.8 Rating!! Something very sketchy about how that Rating is being calculated!

That particular seller has a lot of sales transactions that have received a rating.  Since the seller ratings are only calculated out to one decimal place, one low rating by a customer isn't going to have much impact mathematically.  

But I do understand your frustration since those particular books aren't in VF/NM condition, and there are better ways for a seller to respond on the feedback board than with the CGC comment.   

We are sorry you are having a negative experience with a seller on Atomic Avenue. The seller has offered to reimburse you for your return shipping cost. But to get the refund for the book and the reimbursement, you need to ship the item back to the seller.

Your feedback is visible to other buyers. Many buyers will review the statements from other buyers, as well as the seller's rank and rating before they buy. There is no need to correspond with the seller further, other than to return the damaged item, check your confirmation that your return has been received, and expect a refund within 5 days of the seller's receipt of the returned item.

• Like 1

Interesting, I had a similar experience with the same seller.  Most books were not even close to the listed condition, like NM with detached covers and heavy foxing that wasn't disclosed or heavy tanning, and then wasn't pleased when I wanted to return most as if somehow I was being too picky.  He did take the returns and reimburse me with the shipping, but just made it a huge headache for us both by over grading so bad.  Based on all the great reviews I was shocked when I got the books.  Also brings me up to the character limit on reviews, doesn't give enough space to explain a complicated situation when I want to be fair and list the good and the bad.  I could have just listed the bad but didn't think that'd be fair.

So is there any recourse when a seller is just lying on a response to a review?  After reading this and my post sale interaction with said seller I changed my grade which then got me an email saying I was banned from his store, however in his response he just copied and pasted the same response he gave to the gentleman above.  I never asked for shipping cost upfront.  Apparently expecting things to be CGC quality means when I get a VF/NM book I should expect that the centerfold may be detached at a staple, or that there is heavy foxing on the entire book inside and out that is not disclosed, and also tape pulls and tape on the cover that isn't disclosed.  I don't even get the argument it seems to just out that his grading will not be good.  I expect if you say something is VF or NM that it should be in the vicinity of that grade, not sure how CGC quality comes into this, wasn't buying slabbed books, Overstreet existed with grading standards before CGC.