Shipping Costs

Steve Stern

I am a new seller, and I am disappointed with the reimbursement for shipping. I shipped out 9 comics to two different sellers and the total cost for shipping was 33 dollars I was reimbursed only 22.50. I am reassessing selling on AA for this and other reasons.  I am also disappointed with ComicBase values for comics. They seem to be priced quite low. 

The shipping calculator for AA could use a bit more transparency, I agree.  I have been beating that drum for a while now (as have a few others), and my understanding is that AA is due for an "upgrade" at some undefined point in the near future.  Hopefully one of the changes will be for the AA shipping calculator to tell the seller what shipping method it used to arrive at when making its calculation.  

Without knowing the particulars of your two orders, it is impossible to provide any kind of specific feedback re: what shipping method you should have used for your two orders in order to (at least) break even.  

On 8/4/2022 at 2:43 PM, Steve Stern said:

I am also disappointed with ComicBase values for comics. They seem to be priced quite low. 

Forgot to add:

You don't have to use the ComicBase valuations when you post your comics for sale, you can set the price to be whatever you want for each individual comic.  I find that it does help to look to see what other sellers at AA and other venues are asking for some items.